One of the first thing falling apart was the through-hull for the mast electrics. Luckily I found the original wiring diagram and a new though hull matching the old one.
When you do something for the first time, it’s a guarantee that you’ll learn something new. That was the case here too. Short wires, too small gaps to put your fingers to and other small incidents tested my patience. Things didn’t work out the first time, but there was light to be seen at the end of the tunnel.
Other job where I got to rehearse the electric installations was the new water pump. As with many other things on the boat, the old pump worked for 30 seconds and then died…
It would be a bit frustrating to have 100 litres of water in the tank, but not being able to get it out.
Changing the water pump was not that difficult either. But it was a good exercise, especially when it came to closing up the joints. And important thing for the future, a manual pump must be installed. It would be a bit frustrating to have 100 liters of water in the tank, but not being able to get it out.
For more articles under the category Doing it the hard way, click here!
For more articles under the category Fixing the boat, click here!